Friday, April 14, 2006

Spring Damp days suck

Anyone ever notice the words "cool", "damp" and "the spring season" never seem to go well together?

Today is one of those days in Aurora. A rainy, overcast cool spring day is now underway. I went for a walk this morning to the local Tim Horton's. It was a warm eight degrees celcius as I sat down for my coffee and blueberry muffin (both the coffee and muffin were freshly made in case you were wondering).

On the way home I felt a shiver down my spine. Following the shiver I noticed that the dampness and cool air made me feel even worse than some of the coldest days in a Canadian winter.

Why is that?

Why do people feel colder when there is high humidity in the air during the spring?

For that matter, why do people feel even more warmer during the summer when there is a high humidity or a humidex?

I find th world of weather to be quite intriuging. Weather can make us feel different emotions or assist in stiring up those emotions.

Take a look how I felt this morning on this cool and dreary spring day. I felt a little down. However, on a warmer and sunshiny day I usually feel excited and happy.

I even notice it outside from my new perch (aka apartment) in Aurora. When I look out the window this morning I don't see that many people out enjoying the overcast and damp day. However, I peeared out yesterday and saw quite a few people walking by with their dogs or with their significant others. I love people watching from my new apartment to see what people are up to. Thats why I love summer weather, the ability to sit outside and watch the people go by. I can't wait to get rid of the damp and dreary spring days. THEY SUCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts