Friday, June 18, 2010

The Library Card!

This evening my wife and I headed off to the Richvale Public Library for a little browsing of the DVD collection. 

Rewind to last Wednesday.  We walked over with library bag in hand (my wife has a Richmond Hill Library Card already) and explored the local branch.  I, growing up in Aurora, going to school in Ottawa and living in New York, had never seen such a small branch.  My wife commented that this was the size of library she used to visit a kid.  I didn't mind the size and quickly found a newspaper and a nice little spot to curl up in. 

Fast forward to today.  I was bounding off the walls in the library like a four year old.  I got my Library Card!  A brand new shiny Library Card.  I felt like a million bucks.  Did I borrow anything?  No, I had too much excitement for one day.  But my wife borrowed some DVDs for the weekend we plan on watching tonight.

Nonetheless, sometimes it is the simplist things in life like getting a Library Card that puts a smile on my face.

1 comment:

  1. Michael I remember the days, where I couldn't wait to learn to read so I can bet my library card. Our school library had only 4 shelves available, and the public town library may be one book shelf with 8 shelves, lol. Getting library card is a good feeling. Cute post, lol. Anna :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts